As I sit here and pack my things to go back to school, I can't help but reminisce about my vacation. Immediately from the start I was kind of dreading it because of the work situation. I know that I was welcome to go back to Ali Baba, but that I didn't want to go back at all. So, instead, I broke my back looking for new work, and found it during the last week of vacation. I'll be going back in May (they promised me the job).
Other than that, my vacation was pretty uneventful.. and looong. It's funny but home doesn't seem like home to me anymore. I can't count how many times I forgot where the light switch was in my room or in other rooms. That never happened before. Also, I felt weird at first cooking in a real kitchen again!
Besides the boredom aspect, I hung out a lot with the B.F., as expected. He's such a great guy and so are his parents. I visited him a few times up in Mohegan Lake, but mostly he came down to visit me. Guess his love for the city helps! We went out to eat quite a bit (Tomi sushi comes to mind) and experienced some great new flavors. I recommend Woo Chon Korean Restaurant in Flushing for the fun atmosphere and funky 70s disco music.
Can't talk much now as I'm arranging my stuff for my return to Long Island.
the life and times of a tried and true NYC girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment