In my first semester away at college, I gained 20 lbs. When they say the Freshman 15, they aren't kidding! Wow. So when I came home on the 21st, I decided to go on a diet. Up until now, I've successfully lost 14lbs, but with yesterday's dinner and today's lunch at a Dominican restaurant, I feel like a cow. I mean, when I got home yesterday I looked at the scale and I had gained 5 lbs. That's okay, two days of eating a lot won't make or break me. Size 6 here I come! I *will* do it.
I'm still sewing that shrug, by the way.
the life and times of a tried and true NYC girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi! Thank you for the thoughtful post... I'm glad you enjoy my blog and I'm sorry if I offended you with my "yankee" descriptions. The only excuse I can offer is to blame that on bad writing-- I wanted to let the readers know that the character had a strong northern personality. (Although I was raised in SC, my entire family is from NJ, and I certainly meant no harm.) There are times when I describe the other woman as a "ding-bat Southern Belle who failed etiquette school."
I appreciate your comment... it lets me know I need to watch my descriptions.
And... don't worry about the Freshman Fifteen, you can drop it easily. Good luck with school this semester!
Post a Comment