Okay, so this is a new blog. And as a new blogger is wont to do, I am seriously dying to write on here. So let me tell you all what I did tonight: I went to dinner with my boyfriend and his parents. Let me preface this story by saying that we have been dating since September, and we're totally awesome for each other. I mean, what other guy can I fart around and still be considered cute? Really now, he's a keeper. And who else would even dream of sucking my toes?
But I digress...
Most people who are dating dread the inevitable "in-law" dinner. You know, the kind of date you spend at a run-of-the-mill Italian joint with your disapproving "mother in law" (is she even a mother in law yet if you're just dating?) and your "father in law" who cracks the most obnoxious jokes, trying to liven up the situation as you and your significant other sweat bullets into your respective shrimp scampi and fettucine alfredo (faux Italian food? A whole 'nother post, my dears!).
Tonight, however, couldn't have been a more pleasant experience. I genuinely, positively care for his parents. Not only have they raised him to be a respectful and wonderful person, they've raised him to be a giving and caring man who is precisely just that-- a man. And what's better is they have a sense of humor! I must have done something really awesome in a past life, because I couldn't ask for a better relationship with the parents of my boyfriend (and if you're wondering, my family likes him so pretty much everything is smooth sailing in our relationship).
We ended up going to a great Cuban restaurant on 3rd street between Ave. B and Ave. C (mmm, Alphabet City!). Dinner was fantastic. Started out with empanaditas filled with beef and served with a cilantro garlic dipping sauce. For the main course, I had ox tails. Reminded me of my grandmother's ox tails, only on crack and pumped with steroids. They were seriously that good. The rice and beans were spot on as well. I topped dinner off with rice pudding, and was actually rolled out the door and into the car.
the life and times of a tried and true NYC girl
11 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment